Thursday, February 13, 2014

Outfit #70: Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly







TARDIS dress: Her Universe (Buy Here) // Jacket: Thrifted (Similar) // Shoes: Thrifted (Jessica Simpson (Similar) // Sonic Screwdriver! (Buy Here)

The first time I ever watched Doctor Who it was the first episode of the 11th Doctor. My ex boyfriend - a high strung Australian who had been raised on the show - sat me down in the hotel room we were sharing and put his laptop on my stomach, queuing up the episode. The entire time I watched it, he watched ME eagerly, gauging my reaction.

By the end of it I turned to him and screamed "WHY DIDN'T YOU SHOW THIS TO ME EARLIER?!" and a fan was born.

I went through the rest of the first season of Matt Smith, all of Eccleston, Tennant, and ALL of the old Doctor Who in a little under a year… and my love of the series has never waned. I got drunk a couple of years ago with Matt Smith and Arthur Darvill and I'm probably putting a TARDIS tattoo on my body very soon. There's something about the kitschy scifi that just speaks to my heart, and I highly doubt I'll EVER stop loving it.

Even though I don't really have the body for tight dresses, when Her Universe came out with this TARDIS dress I couldn't resist (they've since made it in fit and flare, yay!). I just want the Doctor to call me sexy, dammit!


5 comments:

  1. How can you say you don't have the figure?! Your hourglass shape in that last image ..... just damn, seriously. Also, I LOVE seeing Americans celebrate Brit geek culture. Out of interest, have any of our other geek shows like 'The IT Crowd' or 'Red Dwarf' got really big in America?

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. American gal here. I LOVE The IT Crowd. Huge crush on Moss...

      Delete
  2. You have the PERFECT body for that dress! Rock it, sista :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are looking very nice dear. You have tried the best combination of blue and gray. I am loving your shirt and your hair color also. It shows that you having fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...